There are several health concerns women deal with that are less common in men. While many hospitals limit their women’s health services to maternity services, gynecology, and breast cancer, we focus our attention on all the of the unique health challenges women commonly deal with.
Our women’s health services include:
- Breast Care – Breast cancer is still a leading health concern for women in the United States. We utilize advanced imaging technology and screening procedures to catch breast cancer in the early stages to ensure treatment has the best chance of success.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology – Our gynecology departments provide women with regular health screenings to check for cysts and other warning signs of cancer. We also provide maternity services, infertility services, and comprehensive treatments for gynecological disorders such as abnormal periods and pelvic pain.
- Maternity – We are honored when patients choose us as their healthcare provider in the exciting journey of childbirth. Each year, we assist in the delivery of nearly 7,000 infants across the state. Our maternity staff guides women through pregnancy and provides education on the basics of infant care.
- Heart Health – Many people believe that heart disease is more prevalent in men than women, but according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), roughly the same number of men and women die of heart disease each year, and heart disease kills more women in the U.S. each year than breast cancer. We help our patients fight heart disease with preventive care education.
- Gynecologic Oncology – If your gynecologist finds uterine fibroids, cysts, or vaginal infections, these could be warning signs of gynecologic cancer. These cancers are almost impossible to detect without regular screenings, but they can be prevented if caught early. If you have been diagnosed with cancer, our multidisciplinary team of medical professionals work collaboratively with patients to develop comprehensive treatment plans.
- Osteoporosis – Osteoporosis is an orthopedic disease that weakens the bones, making it easier for you to fracture or break something. This condition is most commonly found in women. At our facilities, we offer some of the most sophisticated orthopedic treatments available.
- Robotic Surgery – Advancements in medical technology now allow our surgeons to perform gynecological procedures with state-of-the-art robotic surgical systems. In robotic surgery, surgeons guide extremely precise and responsive robotic arms to perform operations. This allows our team to perform surgery with fewer incisions, resulting in less pain and shorter recovery periods for the patient.